November 23, 2010

Napkins!

With so many holidays coming up, Thanksgiving for those of you in the US, Christmas and New year.  I'm guessing that everyone is doing a whole lot of entertaining at the moment, and its great to know a few tricks to make your table look really great.

I love using Napkins in my table decor,I tend to use coloured paper ones for more informal dining which can add some great colour and pattern to the table. Here are some of my favourites available at the moment.
cathkidson.com


http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50152717


Koloni Apples Paper Napkins by Lotta Kuhlhorn
at Heals.co.uk
 

If you are using fabric napkins the way you fold them is super important as it can make or break your table. I say keep it classic (no fancy swans please!) and I found this great tutorial for a kimono style napkin fold over at 100layercake. Click to go to it here.

100layercake.com
100layercake.com

How lovely is that yellow and white napkin - I would be scared to dirty it!

One of the reasons that I love this napkin fold is that its such an elegant way to display your menus.  It also looks great if you tuck in the fold a flower, some herbs or even a little favour.

laurenbrooksphotography


Check back tomorrow as I'll be sharing some of my favourite menu templates that you can use for your dinner parties.

Rachie xo

5 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I can't wait until we can natter tablescapes and event styling. Great tips, hun. I'm so with you re: swans (what is that all about?!). Tucking in herbs or a little surprise for guests in a folded napkin is a lovely touch.

xo

Riviera Wedding Planner said...

Such a lovely and useful post. Thank you.
Talk soon.
I'm following you now.
http://wedding-planner-costa-azzurra.blogspot.com/

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

Thanks so much Riviera wedding planner - your blog is lovely too!

Will - yay for nattering
Rachie xo

christine, just bella said...

I love this simple look! Thanks for the tutorial, I usually just half-assed fold them into a rectangle!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Great tips! Love that yellow and white napkin!