November 15, 2010

My Beautiful Blooms

Hi everyone

Hope you all had a good weekend - Ours was totally lovely as we had my best girlfriends and partners for a little soiree. I'll be sharing the pics later on this week so do come back to have a peak.

Today however I'm going to share with you some of the beautiful flowers I bought for the event and some others I have around the house at the moment.

These perfect orangey/red giant roses were just beautiful and a total bargain from the florist as they didn't have much life left in them as they were fully "out." However that worked out well for the gathering that evening. Everyone commented on the unusual colour and they totally complimented the table. I used a square opaque black square vase to display them and one of each placed eitherside in little coloured espresso cups.




These pale pink spray roses I displayed in the living room and created a low square arrangement - they looked so pretty and delicate which actually isn't normally my style but they worked well against the green of the place mat.


Gerberas work really perfectly as single blooms in stem vases. I like the strong pink colour.



I really like cacti and have had quite a few over the years. This one was actually from Ikea - they do surprisingly good plants and it looks quite dramatic planted in the hot pink flower pot. The tins I have displayed them with here are another Ikea find.


Hope you like them all!

Rachie xo

5 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Rachie, hun, I LOVE them. Do you know what I also love? Those espresso cups with the gold metallic handles - super adorable!

Glad you had a lovely weekend. Hugs. xo

normalityandme said...

isn't it great how a good bouquet can cheer you right up? This has certainly cheered my monday morning, those spray roses are beautiful! x

Victoria said...

Love the new dining table also xxx

Design Elements said...

wonderful flowers...especially the roses in pink

have a great new week!

christine, just bella said...

I love the flowers in the little tea/coffee cups! What a fantastic idea!

Hope you have a great week :)
Christine