October 19, 2010

We are renovating...

The best blogs for me are the ones that are personal so I thought I would share with you what is going on at Casa R&J at the moment.

When we bought this house a few months ago we always knew it was a bit ugly and the one thing we wanted to do was to repave the driveway. The house was built in 1935 and still has the original paving so a revamp was long overdue....

We're going for whats called Inprinted concrete which is a kind of grey cobblestone, No one else on the street has got it so its hard to say exactly what it will look like but I'm hoping we're going to like it

Here is our house before....




And here it is yesterday morning!


I'll post another pic when its all done !

And I also need to redo those hanging baskets - they are too high to water and so have died, I need to find some other more hardy plants to fill them with to get me through the winter!  I need to pick my mums brains...

Happy Tuesday!
Rachie xo

6 lovely comments:

Victoria said...

Gosh - those diggers dont hang about do they! xx

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

When I saw on fb that you had the diggers in I was hoping you would be posting about it. And, you are - yay!

As for your hanging baskets, well this should help:

http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/Profile.aspx?pid=139

xx

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

Thansk so much Wil l- v helpful! So glad you liked the post.... Who knew repaving would be so exciting?

Vic - you should see it today!

xx

cassie @ hi sugarplum! said...

I love it when you guys say 'mum'!!! So stinking cute! That is some serious demo work on your place...cant' wait to see the outcome!

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

Thanks so much Cassie - will post it soon xo

christine, just bella said...

Yay! How exciting, let the demolition begin! Your house is adorable, I can't wait to see it all finished!!