October 06, 2010

Inspiring Holidays...

The beau and I have just come back from a holiday in the sunshine, it was so lovely to have some R&R and soak up the delicious surroundings. We try to stay at design hotels where we can and this time picked Aquagrand in Rhodes. A new hotel - it had some super stylish detail I can't wait to share with you.
I seem to have a bit of thing about lanterns - we recently bought some gorgeous white ones which are in the dining room, and I adore these giant lanterns - I want some when we finally get some decking for the garden!



Below is the restaurant - beautifully designed with asian influences. With the pool lit up and those giant lampshades it was a very romantic spot!

Oh how i do like a cabana to sit under, and this stripy chair in the restaurant was very dramatic and reminded me of being in South Africa. I think its those african colours...




Have a lovely day everyone!


Rachie xo



2 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Lanterns are a must - great for a cosy-ing up a chilly corner in the winter months and perfect out on the decking during those alfresco meals at summertime!

Adam & Rosie said...

Totally agree with comment re alfresco dining - we actually put citronella candles in our lantern to keep the mosquitoes at bay! x