October 22, 2010

Friday recipe - Caprese Salad

Yay! Its Friday and I'm ending the week with a recipe  that I made for my good friend Michael a couple of months ago - Michael was the first proper dinner party guest at our new house and we had a great time!

I actually cant remember where I found this recipe so I cant credit anyone but here it is...  Its super easy!

Ingredients (serves 4)
4 large buffalo mozarella balls
4 medium size vine tomatoes
Packet of Pancetta
Handful of Basil leaves
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea salt
Balsamic vingear
Black pepper



Wash your tomatoes but leave the stalks on and put them in a roasting dish. Wind the pancetta rashers around the tomatoes, then rub with sea salt and drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven for around 20 mins at 200C.

When done place on the plate with the mozarella and basil leaves, Season with salt and pepper, olive oil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.   Serve straight away!

Happy Weekend All !
Rachie xo

3 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

That tomato looks perfectly roasted and I'm totally craving this dish now. I get through extra virgin olive oil like there is no tomorrow - should take out shares in it!

Have a wonderful weekend, Rach! xo

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

Oh and me! Its so yummy! Thanks for all your posts this week hun! You are such a sweetie xx

cassie @ hi sugarplum! said...

yum yum yum!!!
xo

happy weekend!