October 29, 2010

Friday Food - Brilliant Blondies

I've always been a fan of making brownies - I normally use the Nigella recipe which is totally delicious but I've never made blondies.  I don't think I really know what they were until my good friend Gemma bought me this fabulous cook book.

And they were totally worth it - They are white chocolate, pecan pieces of total yumminess!


So here's the recipe and I took some photos along the way so I hope you like them!

Blondie recipe courtesy of The Hummingbird Bakery cookbook (Published by Ryland Peters. )

150g white chocolate roughly chopped
125g unsalted butter
150g caster sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
200g plain flour
Pinch of salt
120g shelled pecan nuts , chopped

A 33x23x5cm baking tray lined with greaseproof paper



Method

Preheat the oven to 170C (325F) or gas mark 3.

Put the chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water) Leave until melted and smooth.

Remove from the heat. Add the sugar, and stir until well incorporated. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, stirring briskly so you don't allow the eggs time to scramble. Don't worry if the mixture looks like it is starting to split.

Add the flour, salt and pecan nuts and stir until well incorporated and the nuts are evenly dispersed.


Spoon the mixture into the pre-prepared baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 35-40mins or until golden brown and the centre is still soft. Leave to cool completely.

Note: Mine actually only took 25mins so make sure you check it regularly! 


And look how they turned out! They were totally yummy and disappeared in about 10 mins!



Happy Weekend all!

Rachie xo

4 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Isn't The Humingbird Bakery cookbook fab! I love their store in Soho, have you been?

These Blondies look so good - I've not tried them before but I'm really tempted to make them now! Thanks for sharing.

Have a fab weekend, hun. xo

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} said...

Those look dee-lish!

MissHelenAmos said...

They do look nice! Can we have some on Sunday please? xx

Adam & Rosie said...

Pecans & white chocolate... two of my favourite things! Yummy!! x