October 07, 2010

Blooming Marvellous!

Traditionally used in 80's weddings and bought from petrol stations, carnations are rightly having somewhat of a renaissance. These versatile flowers look great both en masse and as single stems. How lovely are the ones below? I love that deep rose pink! I keep meaning to make the carnation balls and when i do I'll be sure to post them on  the blog.




I picked up a bunch recently from M&S for only a few pounds, and they seem to last for ages (at least 2 weeks!) I try and use different containers to display them around the house - i particularly like them in my wooden lantern! So pretty dont you think?



Happy Thursday!

Rachie xo

1 lovely comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I love how you've displayed them in your lantern, I see a stylist in the making, hun! xo